A burnt taste from your disposable vape can be caused by several factors:
- Dry wicking material: Disposable vapes use a wicking material, typically cotton, to soak up the e-liquid and deliver it to the heating coil. If the wick is not sufficiently saturated with e-liquid, it can burn when heated, resulting in a burnt taste.
- Coil degradation: The heating coil in disposable vapes will degrade over time due to regular use. A worn-out coil can produce a burnt taste, indicating that the disposable vape has reached the end of its lifespan and should be discarded.
- High wattage or voltage: Some disposable vapes have a fixed power output that may be too high for the e-liquid or coil, causing the wick to burn or the e-liquid to overheat. Unfortunately, most disposable vapes do not have adjustable power settings to resolve this issue.
- Chain vaping: Taking multiple puffs in rapid succession can cause the wicking material to dry out quickly, as it may not have enough time to reabsorb the e-liquid. This can lead to a burnt taste. To prevent this, try taking slower, more spaced-out puffs.
- Manufacturing issues or quality control: Sometimes, a disposable vape may have manufacturing defects or quality control issues that can cause a burnt taste. In such cases, it may be best to discard the device and purchase a new one.
To avoid a burnt taste, ensure you are using your disposable vape according to the manufacturer’s instructions and giving the wick enough time to absorb e-liquid between puffs. If the burnt taste persists or the device has reached the end of its life, it’s time to replace it with a new one.