While it is rare, disposable vapes can potentially explode or cause a fire, similar to other electronic devices that contain lithium-ion batteries. The risk of explosion or fire is often a result of manufacturing defects, improper use, or damage to the battery.
To minimize the risk of an explosion or fire, follow these safety guidelines:
- Use and store vapes according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not puncture, crush, or expose the vape to extreme temperatures or humidity.
- Keep vapes away from flammable materials and heat sources.
- Do not use or charge a vape if it appears damaged, swollen, or is leaking.
- Dispose of used vapes properly according to your local regulations.
Even though the risk is relatively low, it is essential to be cautious and take necessary precautions when using disposable vapes.